M A C R O – T E C H i S E R I E S
Architectural & Engineering Speciﬁ cations
Macro-Tech 9000i The ampliﬁ er shall have the following speciﬁ cations:
The Crown Macro-Tech 9000i power ampliﬁ er shall be a solid-state two-channel Guaranteed minimum power in watts at 20 Hz-20 kHz with 0.35% THD: 4,570W (20
model with a switch-mode universal power supply. mS burst, 2-ohm dual per ch.), 2,500W (20 Hz-20 kHz, 2-ohm dual per ch.), 2,500W
The outputs shall be usable as dual or bridged-mono modes of operation. The (1 kHz, 2-ohm dual per ch.), 3,000W (4-ohm dual per ch.), 1,500W (8-ohm dual per
bridged-mono mode shall bridge the outputs to provide increased output voltage. ch.), 5,000W (4-ohm bridge), and 6,000W (8-ohm bridge).
Frequency Response (at 1 watt, 20 Hz – 20 kHz into 8 ohms): ±0.25 dB.
Front panel controls and indicators shall include the following:
Bridge Mode Indicator: Amber LED illuminates when the ampliﬁ er is set to Bridge- Signal to Noise Ratio (below rated full-bandwidth power, A-weighted): > 110 dB.
Mono mode. Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) (at 2 watts into 8 ohms): < 0.1%.
Ready Indicator: Green LED, one per channel. Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) Plus Noise (at full rated power): < 0.35%, 20 Hz to
On (bright): Ready. 20 kHz.
On (dim): Onset of compression.
Off: Thermal failure. Intermodulation Distortion (IMD) (60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1, from full rated output to
–30 dB): < 0.35%.
Signal Indicators: One green LED per channel.
Damping Factor (20 Hz to 100 Hz at 8 ohms): > 5000.
Solid green: Input signal is above –40 dBu.
Bright green: Channel’s output signal has reached the onset of audible clipping. Crosstalk (below rated power, 20 Hz to 1 kHz): > 80 dB.
Power Indicator: Blue LED indicates ampliﬁ er has been turned on and AC power is Common Mode Rejection (CMR) (20 Hz to 1 kHz): 55 dB, typically >70 dB.
available. The LED will ﬂ ash when the AC line voltage is 10% above or below the DC Output Offset (shorted input): < ± 3 mV.
nominal rated value.
Input Impedance (nominal): 10 kilohms balanced, 5 kilohms unbalanced.
Data Indicator: Yellow LED on front panel indicates network data activity. Data indica-
Maximum Input Level: +20 dBu typical.
tor ﬂ ashes only when the ampliﬁ er is polled for data, or is polled to see whether it is
online Network: Onboard HiQnet, compatible with standard 100 Mb Ethercom hardware.
Power Switch: Push-on/push-off switch with built-in green AC mains present indica- Load Impedance: (Note: Safe with all types of loads)
tor. Stereo: 1/2/4/8/16 ohms.
Volume Control: Precision detented attenuator with 31 steps, press-and-hold mute Bridge Mono: 2/4/8 ohms.
function. Input Sensitivity (referenced to 8 ohm rated output): 1.4V, 32 dB gain, and 26 dB
Volume Control LED Ring: A ring of green LEDs around each volume control show gain.
the position of the control. Entire ring ﬂ ashes when channel is muted. Can be con- Voltage Gain (referenced to 8 ohm rated output): 37.9 dB to 23.0 dB.
verted to be a level meter. Required AC Mains: Universal AC input, 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz (±10%). Maximum
AC mains voltage 264VAC.
Rear panel controls, indicators and connectors shall include the following: AC Line Connector: Five cordsets supplied with ampliﬁ er (USA, UK, European,
Power Cord Connector: Detachable 20 amp IEC inlet. Cord locks with supplied cord Australia, India).
retention clip. Voltage range is indicated above IEC inlet.
Ampliﬁ er shall be protected against reactive loads, faults and shorts. If one
Reset Switch/Circuit Breaker: If the current draw of the ampliﬁ er exceeds safe limits,
channel experiences a catastrophic failure, the entire ampliﬁ er will shut down.
this breaker automatically disconnects the power supply from the AC mains. The
switch resets the circuit breaker. The front panel shall be cast aluminum, with integrated handles. Cooling shall
® ® be dual-zone, microprocessor controlled, continuously variable speed fans,
Output Connectors: Two high-current, 50A Neutrik Speakon NL4MLP (mates
® front-to-back airﬂ ow.
with NL4FC or NL4), one per channel. Ch 1 Speakon is wired with Ch 1 and Ch 2
outputs for use with single 4-conductor cable. Two pairs of high-current, 60A color- Dimensions shall be EIA Standard 19-in. rack mount width (EIA RS-310-B), 3.5
coded 5-way binding posts (for banana plugs, spade lugs or bare wire). in. (8.9 cm) high and 16.2 in. (41.1 cm) deep.
Analog Input Connectors: A 3-pin female XLR connector for each channel. Net weight shall be 28 lb (12.7 kg). Shipping weight shall be 36 lb (16.3 kg).
Analog Loop Thru Connectors: Two male XLR passive analog loop through. The ampliﬁ er shall be designated the Crown Macro-Tech 9000i.
Mode Switch/Indicator: Sets ampliﬁ er to Stereo, Bridge, or Input Y mode.
OFF=Stereo, YEL=Bridge, GRN=Y.
Network Connector: This Neutrik Ethercon connector accepts an RJ-45 connector
for HiQnet™ networking. Next to the connector is a yellow LINK ACT indicator that
shows network activity, and a green 100Mb indicator that shows a 100Mb network Crown International
connection. 1718 W. Mishawaka Rd.
Elkhart, IN 46517-9439
Data Indicator: Yellow LED on back panel indicates network data activity. Data indica- TEL: 574-294-8200
tor ﬂ ashes only when the ampliﬁ er is polled for data, or is polled to see whether it is FAX: 574-294-8FAX
Preset Indicator: Green/yellow LED ﬂ ashes to signal the number of the current
preset. LED is green if current preset is active, or is yellow if current preset is modi-
Speciﬁ cations subject to change without prior notice. Latest information
available at www.crownaudio.com. Crown, Macro-Tech and Crown Audio are
Input Sensitivity Switch: Three-position switch providing 1.4V, 32 dB, and 26 dB registered trademarks; HiQnet is a trademark of Crown International, Inc. Other
settings for both channels. trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Printed in U.S.A.
The Crown Macro-Tech Series. No compromises, no gimmicks. Just brilliant engineering backed by superior manufacturing, support, and an unsurpassed commitment to quality. Like all Crown amps, the defining characteristic of the Macro-Tech Series is sonic accuracy. A tight, rock-solid low end, with smooth, detailed highs and a well-defined midrange. In short, the most accurate reproduction of an audio signal you’ve ever heard. And because we put the quality of sound above all else, a Crown is the most coveted amplifier in the business.
- Ultra-Low Distortion: Crown’s patented Grounded Bridge™ circuitry generates incredible voltage swings with ultra-low distortion and superior reliability.
- ODEP(R) Protection: Patented Output Device Emulation Protection (ODEP) protects the amplifier and keeps the show going under adverse conditions that cause lesser amplifiers to fail. Front panel indicators show each channel’s ODEP status. Several PIPTM modules also provide powerful ODEP-driven features.
- Distortion Indicator: Advanced Input/Output Comparator (IOC(R)) alerts you if the amplifier causes any distortion of 0.05% or more.
- PIP compatibility: Accommodates Programmable Input Processor (PIP) accessories that are used to customize the amplifier for specific applications. MA 02-Series amps are PIP2 compatible.
- Selectable Mono Modes: Bridge-Mono mode provides double output voltage and Parallel-Mono mode provides double output current from a single channel.
- Selectable Sensitivities: Choose from three input sensitivities: 0.775 volts or 1.4 volts for full rated power into 8 ohms, or a voltage gain of 26 dB.
- Detented Level Controls: Detented level controls make it easy to set and reset precise levels.
- VZ Power Supply Technology: The Macro-Tech 3600VZ and 5002VZ use patented power-supply technology which provides enormous power density and an optimum power match with a wide range of loads.
- Current Indicator: (Macro-Tech 5002VZ only) Cutting edge current flow/current limit (ILOAD/ILIMIT) indicators tell you if current is flowing to the loads, and if the loads demand more current than the amplifier can deliver.
- On-Board Compressors: (Macro-Tech 5002VZ only) Each channel has a custom compressor that reduces peak signal levels during input overload and output clipping. The compressors can be set for fast or slow operation, or turned off for output clipping.
- Loudspeaker Offset Integration (LOI): (Macro-Tech 5002VZ only) Each channel has a high-performance loudspeaker protection circuit that compensates for DC offset to protect woofers, and filters ultrasonic frequencies to protect tweeters.
- THX Approved: (Macro-Tech 2402 and 5002VZ only) Lucasfilm(R) approved for THX(R) sound system installations.
- No-Fault Warranty: Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications.
For product availability and pricing please contact your local dealer.
Macro-Tech i Series
The Crown® Macro-Tech® i Series offers amazing power, light weight and ease of use for touring sound applications. The series includes onboard analog signal processing and a built-in network connection.
Guaranteed minimum power in watts at 20 Hz – 20 kHz with 0.35% THD
|2-ohm Dual (per ch.)||4-ohm Dual|
|4-ohm Bridge||8-ohm Bridge|
|20 mS BURST||20 Hz – 20 kHz||1 kHz|
- The Crown® Macro-Tech® i Series continues the Macro-Tech legacy of unparalleled sonic accuracy and detail, putting sound quality above all else
- Patented, cutting-edge Class-I circuitry gets more power out of an amplifier with less waste
- Rugged construction ensures that all Macro-Techs are built to withstand years of abuse on the road
- Global Power Supply — designed to deliver maximum power no matter what country you work in
- Built-in load, line voltage, input and output monitoring
- Standard Ethernet networking via System Architect® lets system operators monitor and control the amplifier from any location
For product availability and pricing please contact your local dealer.
(at 1 watt, 20Hz – 20 kHz inot 8 ohms)
|Signal to Noise Ratio below rated full-bandwidth power,|
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) at 1 watt into 8 ohms||< 0.1%|
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) Plus Noise|
at full rated power
|< 0.35%, 20 hz to 20 kHz|
|Intermodulation Distortion (IMD) 60 Hz|
and 7 kHz at 4:1, from full rated output to -30 dB
|Damping Factor (20 Hz to 100 Hz at 8 ohms)||> 5000|
|Crosstalk (below rated power, 20 Hz to 1 kHz)||> 80dB|
|Common Mode Rejection (CMR) (20 Hz to 1 kHz)||> 55dB, typically > 70dB|
|DC Output Offset (Shorted input)||> 55dB, typically >70dB|
|Input Impedance (nominal)||10 kilohms balanced, 5 kilohms unbalanced|
|Maximum Input Level||+20 dBu typical|
|Load Impedance (Note: Safe with all types of loads)||Stereo: 1/2/4/8/16 ohms|
Bridge Mono: 2/4/8 ohms
|Input Sensitivity (referenced to 8 ohm rated output)||1.4V, 32dB gain, and 26dB gain|
|Voltage Gain (referenced to 8 ohm rated output)||MAi-5000i:|
37.1dB to 22.2dB
37.9dB to 23.0dB
39.3dB to 24.5dB
|Required AC Mains||Universal AC input, 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz (±10%). Maximum AC mains voltage 264VAC.|
|AC Line Connector||Five cordsets supplied with amplifier (USA, UK, European, Australia, India)|
|Cooling||Dual-zone, microprocessor controlled, continuously variable speed fans, front-to-vack airflow|
|Front Panel||Cast aluminum with integrated handles.|
|Weight||28 pounds (12.7 kg) net, 36 pounds (16.3 kg) shipping.|
|Dimensions (W x H xD)||19 in. (48.3 cm) W x 3.5 in. (8.9 cm) H x 16.2 in. (41.1 cm) D.|
|Protection||Amplifier is protected against reactive loads, faults and shorts. If one channel experiences a catastrophic failure, the entire amplifier will shut down.|